Dearest Family,
Hawaii, good one Riss.
It's funny how Sadie misses me, she'll get over that soon. Maybe. Two years is going to be a long time. But it will go by fast.
Cassie get over the color, at least you have your own room now. D&C 78:19 "And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious,..." And Cassie, don't worry about Track, if you practice, and keep going you will get better. Just think 3 months from now you will be getting 7:21 on your mile and 9 seconds on the 100 meter dash. Keep practicing! Don't ever give up. So Cavin, I got something from everyone but you, what's up with that?! How was Prom? Did he kiss you? You have a boyfriend now? WRITE ME! Mason-man! that's pretty cool you got an email, I will send you an email soon! Thanks for the Dots and the note, the note is on my wall and I see it every time I sit at my desk. To answer your question Christine yes Dearelder.com is the best way for the MTC. Salem, pretty cool. I've always wanted to go there after we read the play in high school. And yes, I have the same companion the whole time here and he is going to St Petersburg also.
The food here stinks, well not really, more like makes you stink. I don't think I've ever farted this much in my entire life. I think it's because they put so much fiber in the food. Speaking of which, I haven't gained any weight yet. Actually, I've lost weight which is weird.
I asked Elder SNELL, its like smell but with a "n", if he was cute for you Riss. He asked, "how old is your sister?" I said fifteen. He said, "nope I'm not cute then." Elder Snell is pretty cool but when he starts laughing he doesn't stop. Literally. It can be distracting sometimes. Everyday, except on Tuesdays and Sundays, I have gym. I usually "ball it up" I'm surprised how good I am at basketball, it's crazy. One time, on Wednesday I played a game with some Elders that take the game too seriously, and got head butted in my chin. That was fun. Not. Ha ha. At least I learned to play with some Elders that just want to have fun.
I think Sunday was different for me too. But, it was more quit than usual. Which kinda threw me off. Waking up is kinda easy for me since I'm on the top bunk and I set the alarm. So I have to jump down and turn it off. Which wakes me up. Unlike my companion who is not a morning person who takes an extra ten minutes to get out of bed, and then sits at his desk, staring at the wall for another twenty minutes. It's kinda annoying.
Some experiences I have had, Wednesday, we did a TRC (training resource center) which is a chance to teach an investigator the 1st lesson, which is the Restoration. Some background before I get to the actual lesson. My companion and I were having a difficult time teaching together, we would always interrupt each other and forget what to say. I mean personally I thought we were horrible. I went into this lessons a little nervous that we were going to mess up really bad. I prayed earnestly that I would have the spirit, so that i could teach by the spirit. Before hand. I got my desire. The lesson went by so smoothly, I could feel the Holy Ghost guiding me what to say. My companion said the right things. In my eyes, it was perfect. I was on cloud nine after wards. I felt so wonderful! I thank the Lord dearly after that.
Sorry my email is kinda short, I didn't have enough time.
LOVE YOU ALL
ELDER Ky
Ky is such a great kid. I am sure he will be a successful missionary. I miss him lots... But he's in the right place. It sounds like he's already piking up the language pretty fast! It was so fun to get a letter from him. I hope I get lots more in the future. He already sounds much older and much more grown up in his letters. What a great young man!!!!
ReplyDeleteMy brother Cade has been giving Jeff some advice for the MTC when he leaves, and the think that he emphasizes most is to "Get some beano!!" For that exact same reason!! Haha he says that you do nothing but eat, sleep, and study. He said that it will be his best friend! Haha, so you might want to get him some "Beano". ;)
Elder Ky, you did it again! Made us laugh and then made us cry as we felt the spirit thru YOU!!! Keep up the great job. We love you, GG&GV (soon to be Elder & Sister Lee) We will be "set apart" this Easter Sunday @6pm! Don't you love that? ...because you are truely SET APART [from "the world".] Thanks for sharing of YOUR SPIRIT, Elder!!!
ReplyDeleteBeano care package for Easter:)
ReplyDelete