Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Week 5 -MTC

Dearest Family,


Sorry for emailing late into the day, I had to drag my companion out of bed to come do email. He actually said, "Who needs family" yeah. Now he just found out that his grandma passed away. I feel sorry for him.
On a more happier note, I'm glad you had a good mother's day. Oh I would like a copy of Cavin's talk, that would be great! :) So what has been happening with the shop in all? Grandma told me it was coming together pretty nicely, I'd like to see pictures! Oh you didn't really answer any of my questions in my last email, why was Mason taking a break from karate?

Ok, new stuff with me. In my zone there is four districts, the two "older" ones left Monday and Tuesday, so now I'm the "older" district. It's kinda weird to see how much I have progressed since then, in my district we actually said, "I wish we could take a picture of this [referring to the blackboard] and travel into the past and show it to ourselves, and say 'This is where you will be in 5 weeks, have fun'" I really thank to Lord for all the blessings he has given me. Again he blessed me with another apostle, Neil L. Anderson, to come and give a devotional yesterday. That is three apostles in the 5 Tuesdays I have had. They truly have a wonderful and powerful testimony of Christ.

My thoughts on missionary work are; right now for me, patience is one of the biggest Christlike attributes I am trying to work on, having a companion that completely different then me, can some times 'highten' small things. It is hard to patiently wait for my companion to get out of bed and get ready as I wait for him. One thing I have noticed, as I read the scriptures (I made a goal to read the Book of Mormon, D&C, and Pearl of Great Price before I leave the MTC) with a purpose, which purpose is to find scriptures that relate to me, I have a greater knowledge of them, I get more eager to preach the gospel, and my love of Christ grows enormously. Anyone can become a missionary, one of the best ways to do this is to strive to become like Christ. Being the example, the way you dress, speak, and do; effect everything everyone thinks about you. If you become like Christ, your example alone is doing missionary work. I wish that I would have, before my mission, to strive better to be better. I was kinda lazy, and slacked and shrugged of work, I wish that I had worked harder, helping everyone as much as I can. That is the past, but now, and only now, can I change this. I choose to become like my Elder Brother. The one I love more than anything. He truly is the perfect example, we should, no must become like him.

The MTC has been wonderful, tonight, I teach my first lesson completely in 100% Russian. I feel ready for it. It is going to be an experience to remember. Today in the temple I saw Kevin Peterson, I actually figured out that he works her, teaching the English speaking missionaries. What a wonderful job. Come home from a mission to teach missionaries how to preach. I'd like to do that, but I don't want to go to BYU ;) and only BYU students can work here. I am getting eager and impatient to leave the MTC to Russia, I only have 5 1/2 weeks left. Yeah I know, they told me I am to be in the MTC for 12 weeks, but I actually have to be here for 10 1/2 weeks, but, hey I'm not complaining. :)

I hope everything is swell with you, I want to you to know I love you all, and I love the Savior.

Love Always,
Elder Ky Davis
Стареишйна дэивйс

No comments:

Post a Comment