Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Week 4 MTC

Dearest Family,
Thank you so much for your letters, I feel loved so much, when I do recieve some. I hope you enjoyed the pictures I sent home. We have a lot of fun up here, learning, and preaching. Maybe, a little messing around. You know how guys are. So Marissa misses me? ;) Haha nice, :) I miss you all, too. I actually had a dream last night with the family in it, but mostly cavin. It was a weird dream though. Why is Mason taking a break from karate? He did it so well. Yeah my district president did say to limit sending packages, he said at most to do it once a week.
So school is almost out. How is everyone doing with their tests and such? How was Cassie's last track meet? How was Cavin's last game? That's great that Mason "graduated", no more homework! GOOD JOB BUD!
Things going on with me, simple sitting in a class room for at least 12-15 hours a day. Only taking breaks for meals or meetings or gym. Gym is quite fun, it's a nice break from the rutined day. I usually play basketball, but recently I started to play four square and lift weights. I gonna be buff! It is loads of fun. Everyone is so kind, but occasionally I see somebody, that is not here because they want to be. They treat everyone like scum, and step on them. It saddens me, it's like High School all over again. A mission is not supposed to be like school. I sure hope they realize that they need to overcome that. I personnal found out that i need to be more patient and loving with everyone, especially my companion. I can physically recgonize the blessings I recieve as I slowly become closer and more like the Savior.
Every Sunday, there is an opptional temple walk, sometimes it is nice, but sometimes, I'd rather relax and read the Book of Mormon in my residency. Then every Wednesday, now, I have the oppertunity to go to the temple and either do Inititory or Endowment Sessions. I actually just got back from doing Inititory an hour ago. There is such a sweet spirit in the temple I love going.
Some stuff I have found out about my mission, ties (really nice ones) cost only three dollars each. So dad expect a package of like 15-20 of them on your birthday or either christmas. There is actually a rumor/story that there was an elder who wore a different tie every sunday of his mission. He came home with 150 +, then there's another rumor that if you come home with less than 100 ties, people from the same mission as you will be upset with you. So uh, I'm going to have a lot of ties when I come back. Dad, you really did get me to love ties. :) Everything there is pretty cheap, not like Mexico cheap or China cheap. But cheaper than what it would cost in this country. The have a snack/appitizer that I really want to try, they take the bacon fat cut it up into tiny little bit sized pieces, and serve it cold with salt. Sounds gross, but you know me, I'll eat anything. I'm excited. In St. Petersburg, during the winter solstace there is what is called the bright week. It's actually two weeks of all sunlight, the sun doesn't go down. It happens in June, so I might miss it, or I might get there just in time for it. In Russia they actually celebrate Christmas on New's Year Eve. But, I might not be allowed out of my building on that day, because of how many people are drunk. You can tell that I'm excited. :)
Normally out in the field I would be able to call you, Mom, on mother's day. But, because I'm in the MTC, that is not possible. But, I did learn, while I'm in the airport, I can call you. I can't give you the time right now, I will as soon as I know. But, it will possibly be on June 20th or June 21st. In the morning around 5 or 6.
Thank you so much for everything you do. I love you all so much! I miss you oodles of amount of an object!
Love Always,
Your Elder Davis.

P.S. I figured out that the camera charger I have doesn't work for my camera. I need the one that Cavin has for her camera, I'll send back the one I have. Thank you so much! Dearest Family,


No comments:

Post a Comment