Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Week 16-Pskov

Well hey everybody!
This week has been quite fantastic! This is the last week of this transfer, if I leave Pskov, to a new area or not, I don't know. I will know on Monday. So my next email, well tell what's what.
Last P day after shopping and emailing, we went to this giant statue out in the 'outskirts' of Pskov. Pictures of course explain it. It's was huge. I don't know what it's a monument for. But, was really fun to get some pictures, also with my pictures is a picture of a small little hut, that's our apartment from the outside. Yeah talk about being humble, we bath in the river in all. haha, just kidding.
The city had it's birthday last friday, the 23rd. Pskov is 1108 years old! That's crazy! It started in 903, that's like 482 years after Moroni put the plates in the Hill Cummoriah! Talk about history! We had to go home early because of the increased number of drunkards. Yes, to boys in ties and white shirts, one of them american, and a lot of drunken Russians, do not mix well. At all. Like the first week I was here, haha, first sunday, out contacting after church. A drunk man comes up and accuses us of being zombies, and actually hits my companion to prove his point that he doesn't feel pain. It was quite funny, because the man was like, You're a zombie, and my companion, is no I'm not, and he said, How do you know?, my companion, because of my Heart. Everyone says you remember the first week of your mission, for the rest of your life. I sure will!
Well I am a little nervous, because I have to give a talk in church next week. In russian of course. But, not like the MTC, it has to be 10-15 minutes, instead of 3. Yeah, I hope I do well! I'll tell you about it in my next email!
Yesterday, we had service, with a Less-Active member, who knows english, actually learned english from the BBC brodcasts, so yes when he speaks english, it's with an english accent. Pretty funny. But, we went to his Dacha, at first I had no clue what the heck a Dacha is. He explained that its a summer house, where people grow veggies to gain an extra income, and to go an relax. I don't think we have them in america, If we do I think its, called the front yard. But, he also fed us! Really good! Had buckwheat porridge, curd with sourcream and sugar, and kvas (which is an alcohal-less beer, best explained its a drink made out of wheat. Disgusting). What was interesting, is that this man, Alexander, has heard of Kaysville. Which suprised me, I asked him how. He said previous missionaries, do you know anyone from kaysville who served in Pskov, who knows a Alexander who lives in Pskov, and speaks english?
Something awesome, is because there is no mountains, almost everyday, the clouds here are amazing! As you can see in some of my pictures.
This letter isn't too long, but talley-ho!


--
Love Always,
Elder Ky Davis
Стареишйна дэйвис

No comments:

Post a Comment