Thursday, July 21, 2011

Week 15-Pskov

Well I know have seen a real live gypsy. That was cool.
This week has been busy, but great. Because I had a split with the Zone Leaders, Monday through Wednesday morning, then the new president, President Clark, and the AP's came up to have meetings. First off, I've got to say, I love president Clark. He is amazing. Secondly, we had 6 missionaries in the same apartment tuesday night. That was a blast. Especially if you're serving in Pskov, becasue they are only two missionaries here at a time. So it gets kinda lonely sometimes. We met with the Less Actives, well my companion did. I met with Investigator, wonderful man, knows this church is true, believes in God, believes in the BoM, believes in Joseph Smith. Just also believes in Saints, and the Russian-Orthodox church. I never ever thought that would be a situation. So it came as a shock to me, I really had to ponder what to talk about. Hard. Oh his name is Guhnadi. Really really nice guy. We also met with a member, Sister Masha, who has already served a mini-mission. (If you don't know what that is, it's in the name, it's a mission usually 3 or 6 weeks long.) That was a good meeting also. Some cool things that has happened. I found chocolate that 99% Cacao, so I've made some Cacao here, at least one every day. LOVE IT! Anyone who is reading this, and doesn't know that my parents are opening a shop, called, 'Bite Size'. It'll be open within this next month or so. PLEASE GO! and please try the Cocoa. It's wonderful. (Mom you still plan on serving that right?) I got my first Haircut in Russia two weeks ago. That's what that picture is of. In Russia they do not believe in having hair on the sides of your head. So that was strange. Especially, I felt like a little kid. Because I had no idea how to tell the lady, how to cut my hair. So I just told Elder Loskutov to tell her a "6 all around". That worked fine. I'll do that from now on. It's so HUMID! Ugh... I love it. Another interesting thing, on random days, around 8-9 at night, about 3,000 crows come to the center of town and have a convention or party. Roofs that are normally white are straight black. Then when they all start to fly, that's when Elder Loskutov and I start to walk pretty fast. I fear of being pooped on. Haha. I couldn't get my camera out in time. So sorry but you'll just have to take my word for it. One thing that was so awesome, we were contacting yesterday, and all of sudden we heard, "Ctareshanee!" we turn around a couple was walking up to us, come to find out. From Utah. The women served in Pskov like 5 years ago. I never ever thought I would have that opportunity of people getting excited to see elders in Russia. It was awesome.
Some strange things, sometimes, when we tell people we are missionaries. They say they believe and they do the cross on their chest to us. That feels awkward. I just sat there, like, "uh........." I bought a Russian Bible, pretty ok one. From a Less Active member who sells Bibles for a living. He became less active when his mother was sick, then she died. And I guess that just threw him out of whack. Has no money. So I thought I'd help him out. I just got to say, I am so lucky to live in America. The inferstructor here is completely unexcistant, or does nothing at all. All the roads are poop. Maybe in 25 years they will get everything back into normal. I sure hope so. Oh it's our city's birthday, Friday. That means no contacting after 6 P.M. for a couple of days, 4 to be exact. Why? Lots and Lots of drunk people, in one place. Yeah could be a lot of trouble for us. Well I'll write about that next week.
To explain some pictures: two of them are some of my sketches. One of Nephi's dream. (not to be confused of Lehi's, Nephi 11) And one of Jesus carrying the cross. I invisioned that one yesterday, and sketched it today. I hope one day, I can make it better. One is of my Haircut, in one of my last emails, i sent a picture of a sign that was purple, and had the words that looked like Babylon. It's pronounced Vavylon. I thought it was funny, because we serve in Babylon. That was funny.
One question, mother, Landon. Could you get me his email? *Please remember*
Some thoughts, I have had about testimony. If you truly know, it will show in your countenances, people will see it in what you do and don't do, how you act and react, and by who you are and who you aren't. Do you know who you are? You are a Latter Day Saint of the Church of Jesus Christ, you are a Child of God. Do you know how awesome that is?! Do you know that means?!
To me it means that I have the privilege to be be on this earth, and have the opportunity to come to know the truth, and share it! I know what the Lord has is store for me, I can read his plan. I can live with Him and Heavenly Father once more, and forever. That completely astounds me! It brings me so much happiness. One thing we as Saints have problems with, is sharing our uniqueness. Sharing our testimonies. We are so afraid of rejection, that we don't even open our mouths! You are embarrassed, How embarrassed do you think Heavenly Father is? Simply put, "Be thou and example of the believers" I have one challenge for everyone who reads this letter. Bear your testimony once a day. To someone you would normally wouldn't bear your testimony to. If you can't do that, or think that's too hard. Start of with once a week. But do it, you will receive so many blessings! I know it! I know this gospel is true! I am so excited to be a representative of Christ. I am so lucky! God has truly blessed me! I want to hear, experiences that happened in result of this commitment. If I don't I will be truly sad. Please do it!
Love Always,
Elder Ky Davis
Стареишйна дэйвис

No comments:

Post a Comment