I have been here for 4 weeks, but I am writting about last week. This is weird. I think I messed up somewhere, someday I'll fix it.
To answer some questions first, the Kremlin doesn't really translate to english, it's the Kremlin, it means "stronghold" but, it's more like the the "main church" or temple of that city, every major city has one.
I am thinking about buying a screen, but, we were allowed today to buy a fan, so we might not need the windows open anymore. So I'll see about that next week.
I will buy my winter stuff, probably in two transfers, when it starts getting cold. I might have to buy another suitcase too. I don't have that much room for more stuff, including boots.
Dad you talked about Peter, Elder Holland gives a great "talk" about Peter in that book you gave me, "No matter how long the road" I advise you to read it. I can't remember what it is called.
To write about stuff I learned this week, and what happened, thus:
While my companion and I were contacting, in a park East of our apartment, we contacting a guy, who told us he was an atheist, so we handed him a pass-along-card and continued on. Ends up there was a guy sitting on a bench, Nickoli, who was watching us contact him. He asked the atheist what we were doing, and the atheist handed the pass-along-card and walked away. Then Nickoli roller-bladed after us (roller blades are big here, so are mullets) and stoped us, so we taught him the first lesson there. He was very very interested. Got his number and continued, had a meeting with him the next day, which fell through because his car was broken. It was awesome to see sometimes, that even though somebody denies you, there is always a reason you are in a place preaching the gospel. The Lords work is awesome. There's no way we can comprehend how He does it.
This is sad to say, but I would love a list of birthdays. I tried to remember everybodies, but I came to realize, that I have forgotten a lot. I only remember two (three including mine) of my families, and thats because important holidays/events are on that day, or near. If any friends of mine, send you theres too, that would be awesome.
Two words, Super-Kontek, it's a cookie that's has sqooshonka (the sugar and milk, boiled) in the middle, and dipped in chocolate. That's not the yummy part, what you do to eat them, is you boil water, bite two ends of the cookie, then suck the water through the cookie, as soon as you start drinking hot water, you eat the cookie, and it melts in your mouth. Oh I will totally bring a lot of those home when I come home, so you can try. They're really cheep too. :)
I had my first split on Monday and Tuesday, which was really cool, I split with Elder Melnek, he is from Ukraine, really a good missionary. He really does listen to the spirit, contacted 4 people in two hours. Each of those people, he got their number and almost taught a full 30 minutes. Amazingly funny. Because he looks up English words at night, and uses them in sentences like, "Elder Davis, is confounded by an entrantress" He learned his English by reading Jesus the Christ. Really smart fellow. Split was fun.
Ok there is one picture of my companion with a pig. I will explain that here. That pig is a squeeky toy, and really annoying, because he wakes me up with it. He does it every day, quite often. He also named it "Davis" because I hate it so much. Haha I hid it from him once.
There is also another picture of an omlette, yes I cooked that. Without burning it, and it tasted wonderful! I had to send that home because at home, I guess the oven doesn't like me. Because every time I cook eggs, it smokes up the house. I don't know why...
Today I am buying earplugs, Elder Laskutov, snores. Like a train, going 80 miles an hour. Very funny, until I can't sleep. I also figured out, Russians, are very very noisy eaters. Yeah. I'm learning patience. They're are also very unsanitary, espicially when cooking. Yeah two of my biggest pet peeves, oh well. I fixed one of them, by cooking for myself. Just got to hang in there. :) (thanks for the curse Mom!)
--
--
Love Always,
Elder Ky Davis
Стареишйна дэйвис
PICTURES COMING SOON:)
No comments:
Post a Comment