Hey Everybody!
Ok enough chit-chat and down to the point. Stuff I want to talk about this week: Churches, Masiquittos, 4th of July, Picnic, Singing, Uncle Tony, Mom.
Here we go:
Pskov is know as the Russian-Orthadox Salt Lake City because of the many (43) churches like the ones in the pictures I sent. It's kinda of difficult, because you are not supposed to go contacting in front of churches and since there are 43 three of them, there are many places we can not contact people. But, they are beautiful none the less.
Bugs, that's all I have to say. I am living off of those insect-repelant wipes you gave me mother, and the itch-relief you gave me gramma. They have been very helpful, yeah I looked like a leapor how many masquitto bites I had. Funny, but very annoying. It happens mostly at night we were are sleeping, it's either shut the window and bake to death or get eaten alive. Well Elder Loskutov, chose being eaten-alive. Haha. Can you say humbling momment?
4th of July was actually strange for me, especially that I forgot it was the fourth until the day was half way over. Yeah nothing special, now fireworks cass, I'm in Russia, their Independance Day is on a different day. There were about 10 weddings from the 1st to the 4th though. I don't know why... It was strange for me, because I wrote in my journal that day, and when I was writting, I did the math, and I was like hmmm...the family is watching a parade right now. But, I now learned that didn't happen! See what happens when I leave? Traditions go down the drain. ;)
We have an activity every week, and the activity this week, we had a picnic, interesting and nice. We went down by the river, laid a blanket on knee high grass, and ate and plaid UNO. Russians love UNO, especially Elder Loskutov. I got sunburnt, to answer your question, it's way way hot. about 80-85 degrees, but you add the humidity its about 90-95 degrees. So there are some days when I'm sweating quite a lot.
All I have to say is one sentence, "Russians cannot sing." It's hilarious. Singing hymns is like listening to 20 people pick their favorite key (or note) and sing however they want. Oh this will make Katheryn happy, I am playing for our branch every sunday. Most of it is sight-reading. But, they enjoy a piano player finally.
Haha, this moment made me laugh so much. I saw a man, one day while contacting, that looked exactly like Uncle Tony, but with hair. :) I was laughing so hard. My companion just looked at me weird. I wish I could get a picture of him. But couldn't.
Then finally, I showed the Branch President the picture of our family, and once again I heard, "Are you sure that's your mom?, isn't her (Cavin) your mom?" He had a good laugh about it.
K little spiritual thought, then I'll answer some of your questions. In Mosiah 15:15-17, it talks about, "how beautiful are the feet of those" who preach this gospel. Well I'm pretty sure my feet are not beautiful for how many blisters I have, my feet have been hurting for the past 2 weeks constantly. That'll soon stop, I hope. :)
Answer some of your questions:
Yes I have been able to understand my companion more, but only by little by little everyday. It's a trial, that will help me out a lot in the future. Hmmm...I think I've answered all the questions but, yes Christine you can send me pictures.
To explain some of the pictures, I don't know what order they are in. One is of a Kit Kat and Milkyway, the kitkats are amazing, and the milkyways are just three muskateers. One is of the Kremlin right outside of our apartment. Really cool picture. OH one is of a graffiti that says, "Iky" and thought that was great, since 'I (am) ky' One is of a Christian church, and it was HUGE, like almost half of the conference center, but taller too. This city is pretty old, and a lot of buildings are fallin down, and pretty crummy. But I think I was blessed from my father, (some would say it's a curse) that I have a gift of perspective, I don't see this city as a crummy little ol' dump. I see character everywhere, I see this city as one in story books, or when it was first began 1800 years ago, I think? Imagine how it would be then. I am amazed at the beauty I see, at nothing.
Well until next week! Keep writting!
Love Always,
Elder Ky Davis
Стареишйна дэйвис
No comments:
Post a Comment