Well everyone, I survived one week! Two years? That's cake. A lot has happened this first week, and you're right dad I don't think I'll ever forget this week.
Here are some experiences I have had:
On the homesickness, I'll admit the day after I sent the email last week, I got homesick again. You want to know what over? A pen and some insect-repellent. Yeah, I actually asked me companion for a blessing it was so bad. Things are so much better now. I think I've got the whole, "I'm in Russia" thing down. Drivers here are crazy. Period. You thought Californian drivers were bad? Take them and multiply it by 20. I see at least one accident a day while I'm out contacting, two of those were really close to our residency, there are no speed limits, and there are cross walks in the middle of a busy street, without any stop lights or signs. Buses are bad too, most of the time the driver is a teenager, and he drives like a teenager. I've been on a bus thrice where it skidded out. A bus. Yeah, talk about nerve racking. Most typical cars are here, but the most popular is Audi's, and they're cheap. I have yet to seen a Reliant K, but once I do, I will send home a picture of it and me. Last Sunday, we had church, I'll be 100 % honest it was weird, but I loved it. There are 6 active members in the entire city of Pskov, of 300,000 people. That's crazy. I expected more, I also expected more missionaries out here too, but nope, Elder Loskotov and I are the only ones. Time to get baptizing. :) After Church, we went contacting, of course like a normal day, no luck. But, we did have a drunk guy come up and accuse us of being zombies. That was laugh and a half. I was so nervous that he was going to spill beer on my suit, the way he was waving his hand around. On Tuesday, we had a District meeting, in Novagorad, 4 hours away. All in one day, so 8 hours of travel time, for a two hour meeting. I felt that it was so pointless. Then the next day, guess what? They changed it that we stay there a full 24 hours, and go on splits. Talk about coincidence. I finished the book, Devine Signatures, in that 8 hours. I loved it. As I was reading it, I had flash backs of divine signatures in my life. Friends and Family who were constant daily divine signatures. I was really grateful to the Lord that day. One divine signature, I've started to realize, it's pretty small, but every time I feel the spirit very strongly, there has always been a strong cool breeze. Through pondering, I've realized that is the Lord. The Lord created the Earth, why can't he cause a breeze? People here are totally different, my whole conception of reading people is out of whack. I see an "aged" person, and I immediately think of one of my grandparents, I get excited, and think, "For sure this person will listen to us!" Then I'm heartbroken when they are even more rude than the average adult. I have difficultly getting over that there are some people who don't want this gospel. I see my life, and lives of others in this church, and compare it with theirs. I think, "How can you not accept this message?! The wonderous, fasinating message that will make you eternally happy?" That actually got me pretty down yesterday, I'm starting to second guess myself, I used to say, "I believe everyone is good at heart." I don't know about that anymore, maybe they are and it's so so so small it's about worth one kopeck, (that's about 1/400th of a penny (it's in the picture of the money, the tiny ony on the left (they are actually rare))) but, I've have to remember. Even though somebody only has a mustard seed, a kopeck, of faith they can come to the knowledge of this gospel. And grow. To more things, Food, yeah you know I was going to talk about this. A couple of things I have tried. Sgooshyonka: It's milk, flour, and sugar brought to a boiling point, it's creamy and you put it on bread. AMAZING! I love it! Shaoorma: It's a like Euro, but with either Chicken or Pork. I don't know how else to explain it. But it's good. Adzjega: It's a pepper based, seasonings, you put it on bread and it's spicy. Yeah you know I like it. ;) Last Monday we had Service, we served an Old lady (Babooshka) by, guess what, yeah you guessed. Weeding. She hasn't weeded in like 10 years so we took this lawn of weeds and pulled and pulled and pulled. There was so much weeds. I didn't know I could get physically tired from weeding. The Old Lady was a character, you would of loved her dad, had coke-bottle glasses, kept calling me Davit and my companion Andre, his name isn't Andre. She said it was too hard for her to remember our names, so she just called us that. I have lost so much weight, from walking around so much, I'm already down one belt-size! I'm going to be so skinny when I get back!
That's all for this week!
P.s. Emailing is the best thing for me during this transfer, I wont get letters until the end of this transfer. Also I can only write home one email. So don't get upset if you don't recieve an email. Sorry!
--
--
Love Always,
Elder Ky Davis
Стареишйна дэйвис
No comments:
Post a Comment