Thursday, June 23, 2011

Week 11-Pskov







Well I'm in Russia, and when I said i wouldn't know anything when I got here, I wasn't kidding. I don't understand anything, I feel like a baby. Ha ha. My companion Elder Laskotov is Russia and knows a little English, so there is times where he will help out, or just kind of give up trying to tell me what he is trying to say. My first day here which was Tuesday, was wonderful, yet very tiring. I arrived here in Russia about 1:20 P.M. and from there the Mission President, his wife, and his AP's took us to the mission office and signed paper work, ate at a Chinese Restaurant and went contacting with the office elders. Toured around the city of St. Petersburg, there are so many people there. It was a big adjustment for me. Especially now that there aren't any mountains, haha I have know idea where east is. Nor, south, north, or west. Thank goodness my companion has been here before. He knows where to go. I follow. Very simple. After Tuesday, Wednesday was transfers, so had meetings about the city I was going and what to expect, and what was expected of me. Then ate at this small little shop, I don't remember what it was called, but it reminded me of Gyro's with pork or chicken. Then traveled 5 hours south of St. Petersburg, by bus, to the little city of Pskov (about 10,000 people) there are 5-6 active members here. It's beautiful, there are so many Orthodox churches that are amazing, I will attach some pictures in my next email. We arrived in Pskov around 10:50 P.M. and the sun was still up, it was still up at 11:45 when we went to bed. Yeah that's going to take some getting used to. Today, being "P" day, we did the usual day to day things (personal, companion, language study) then I unpacked and Elder Laskostov cleaned the apartment. Honestly, when I was unpacked I got a huge wave of homesickness I have never felt before, It was seriously hard for me to unpack, I almost started crying. I don't know why it was so hard for me. I thought I could go without doing that, I thought I was stronger, apparently not. I stopped what I was doing and asked the Lord for help, I immediately thought of what Bishop Poulson told me when I was doing my paper work. When he felt homesick the best way to get over it, actually the only way to get over it is to start working harder, better, and faster. So that's what I did, I worked at what I was doing at the time, which was unpacking, better, harder, and faster. The homesickness lessened and I didn't want to cry any more. I actually feel better right now. Actually right now I'm in some little Internet cafe off of some street near where we live. That's about all I know. After writing you, today also entitles, shopping for food, teaching the branch president about revelation. I'm supposed to tell a story when I received revelation during church, right now I can't think of anytime that has happened to me. Oh well the Lord will help me, I am on his side. After that we are going to contacting, we have to have ten contacts a day. There are a lot a rules, but I know I wont have a problem doing them. They're are fairly easy. I actually enjoy contacting, the first time I did it, I was so nervous, I didn't know what I was doing. Slowly, I got used to it. I realized it's not too hard. Talking to people who you don't understand is easy. I just have to say a few words, and then my companion will take over, I know it'll be different further on, but for now, it's easy.
*This is very important* if anyone wants to write me, send me an email. If you write me during this transfer, I won't receive it until the next transfer which is July 26ish. Send me emails. Please.
Well I know I don't have much to write about, I've only been here for three days, and most of those three days was travel. Next week will be better.
Love Always,
Elder Ky Davis
Стареишйна дэйвис


No comments:

Post a Comment