Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Week 22-Pskov

Well first off, just to let you know, my Preperation days are moved to Monday, and that will start as of an effect next Monday. So writing me on Sundays are the best now. Second off, Happy Birthday mother!! I hope you had a good day.

This week I have been a little bit under the weather with a cold, but that doesn't stop the work. Still running around, contacting and, well, working. I have not recieved your package yet, mainly because I am not in St. Petersburg, I will probably recieve it this week or next, we will see. It sounds like everyone is busy up in Kaysville (it's actually left, but oh well) I hope everyone is doing fine, I pray for everyone everyday.

My visa trip was a blast, I went with my district that I was with in the MTC, (I will everytime) I think those guys I am the closest too then out of any other missionary. When did not fly, we actually drove to Estonia, took about three hours to drive there and left at 5 in the morning-ish. Got there at 8, but in Estonian time its 7, waiting in the van for a little bit, then we had 8 hours to "roam" around Estonia, we can't really do any missionary work, because it's illegal, we were not registered in that area. But, we did a lot of talking, eating fast food, shopping, and went to a castle in estonia that faces a castle in Russia. It's kinda funny because in the castle in Estonia there's an old cannon pointed directly to Russia. One of the best Hamburgers I have ever had was in Estonia, I don't know if anyone has heard of Hesburger, but it's delicious, their sauce they use is just fantastic.

We had a missionary return home from his mission in Somara, he lives in Pskov, his name is Ilya and just an amazing person, always speaks with the spirit, it made start thinking if I would feel that way when I got home. He hates real life. He said he wants to go back to the mission, but one thing he doesn't miss is the 6:30 wake up time. He said as soon as he got back that, he slept in till 11. Which was kinda funny, I have heard missionaries say that can't get rid of the 6:30 habit, then there are ones, that get rid off it, the day after they are released. I am actually with my same companion, Elder Sokolov this transfer. We have our differences, but who doesn't have differences with there companions, nobody.

Which brings me to the subject I wanted to hit on today, it's a companionship every member of the Church has, it's a companion ship with the Holy Ghost. That's one companionship we should always strive to not have differences with, because if we always the spirit to be with us, we will be better off then without it.

Well that's about it this week, I really want to see some pictures, of the family, the shop, of a lot of stuff. I know it's probably a big thing to ask for, because you all are really busy. But, I, just like you, am excited for the shop, and right now have no idea what it looks like.

--
Love Always,
Elder Ky Davis
Стареишйна дэйвис

No comments:

Post a Comment