Well to first answer your question, this transfer is actually 7 weeks long because the new missionaries don't come in two weeks from Wednesday. It's kinda of important to have a transfer with them here. Also I recieve grandmas letters each week, they are much enjoyed. Maybe someday I will have time to write her back, maybe today. I don't know. We will see.
This past weekend was awesome. We had the mission president with us, what was interesting was that he came without the AP's and I had to translate for two meetings he was in. It made me realize how much Russian I know, and how much I don't know. But, thank goodness that we had a return missionary that learned a lot of english on his mission (ilya) because if he wasn't here, I would have to translate for their talks during church, and that would be extremely hard for me. I speak understandable Russian, but not grammatically correct Russian, and many members here in Pskov like to shove that in my face. Like sometimes I put that accent in the wrong spot, and they act like they completely don't understand me, and I am speaking entirely different language. Oh well humbling moments are loved by missionaries right?
I like what you said dad about not doing anything stupid, it reminded me of President Hinkley, he once gave an address to the MTC, and he straight up said, "I can only give you bit of advice, Don't do anything stupid." It was funny hearing it from the prophet. This week is going to be hecktic, we are in St. Petersburg for 4 days from Tuesday to Friday, my companion has a visa trip, then right after that we have a split with the zone leaders. After that the week is almost already done. I am interested to see how things go, maybe my package is there, maybe not. I called the office elders and they said to ask you which address you sent it to. The one with the a/(backwards R) because that's the one that is best to send anything to. Because if I am not in St. Petersburg to pick up the other one which I have to pick up personnaly, after a month the russian post office needs to send it back, but that costs too much, so they just open it and take what they want.
I am doing great here, I love Pskov. I gave up fighting within myself for change. Pskov is an amazing place, I asked the President if I could stay here my entire mission, probably a little prideful, but I was joking a little bit, just trying to let him know I love it here in Pskov and the people here are amazing, the members also.
Well this week I want to share to what I eat normally each week, you are going to be shocked. I have at least 20 eggs, 2 gallons of milk, 2 loafs of bread or more. That's the normal. Some reason I jut like eggs. Eggs I like. Like I eggs. (the girls will remember that. ;) I love the food here, I haven't eaten anything I haven't liked yet. Which isn't a shock, because I eat everything.
For Christmas: Ok don't send me your vanilla, but send me some vanilla extract. Also a big bottle of vitamin pills from cosco, because they are quite expensive here maybe 10-15 dollars for 25 pills. Also because the president recommends it. Also some more Emergence-C I loved those things and finished them in the MTC. After that, everything doesn't matter what you send me.
Well I love you, always be happy! Be strong! Read the book of mormon in the morning together in the morning!
--
--
Love Always,
Elder Ky Davis
Стареишйна дэйвис
No comments:
Post a Comment