So this week was awesome! We had a Zone Conference last Thursday and it was the best, I felt the spirit so much. I will also share some things that happened and thoughts about it, later on.
So basically I had a major spiritual experience this week. Let just say I haven't felt like the best missionary ever, and spent some time on my knees. As I was praying and asking for forgiveness, I had the impression to, "Have Patience and Wait." So I knelt in silence for a couple of minutes not receiving any revelation or anything, so I did exactly opposite of what it said and started asking again for forgiveness and why Heavenly Father hasn't answered me yet, again I received the impression, "Have Patience and Wait." So again I waited and didn't think anything or say anything, but after a while my mind started to drift off of the prayer and into worldly things like home, friends, and movies. Yet again I received "Have Patience and Wait." This time is was said with such a calm tone, that I desperately waited, and waited. I don't know how long it was but it was after a while, when suddenly I imagined myself at the throne of our Father in Heaven, immediately I looked away from His face and looked upon His feet, I told Him I wasn't worthy to be in His presence for I have sinned, and asked him sincerely to forgive me and help me be a better person, then all of sudden another pair of feet walked into my view these pair had nail holes in them, I started crying, saying out loud, "No, please don't be here I have caused Thee so much pain I couldn't stand to see the ashamed on Thy face. Please leave me be, please...Help me." Then a hand with nail print came into my view, reaching for mine. I gave Him my hand and he lifted me and I say on his face, the expression of sadness, but not sadness of my sins, but the sadness of me being sad. He then embraced me with one of the biggest hugs and repeated over and over again, "It's okay...It's okay." At that moment I felt the greatest peace to know that He has given me the chance to change, He has and can free me from my sins, He can make it possible for me to look upon my Father and say, "I have done my best, please forgive for me for my faults." And because Jesus will be standing there on my side, saying, "Yes he did, and all of those worldly sins he has done you can put on me." The Father will welcome me with open arms and say, "Good job, I am proud of you."
I can not wait for that moment, I can not wait to see my Fathers face again.
Some things I liked this week: (besides that experience for that truly was the highlight of my week.)
During Zone Conference the President talked about a lot of Charity, and having it with Faith and Hope. He mentioned one talk by Elder Wirthin of the October 2007 conference where he was talking about Charity and God-like love, and in the middle of his talk he started shaking uncontrollably and almost fell over, then right away Elder Neilson stood up and supported him during the rest of his talk. One thing my Mission President knew that most didn't, was that Elder Wirthin was his Stake President once and Elder Neilson was his first councilor, they have always had that love for each other and always have been working with each other. He emphasized that we all need this love on our missions we need to support our investigators at all times and love them how Jesus would love them.
Here is something I wrote the president this week about Thanksgiving:
"With Thanksgiving coming up, I have been thinking of what I am truly thankful for. It all comes down to rain. That might sound weird right now, but everything I am truly thankful for is tied into rain. Some reason I am one of those people that just loves rain, I am even inspired to say that I get happier in the rain or when it rains. Rain has always reminded me of my family, we, every year have a family Reunion. Which family Reunion has all of my extended family which is around 450 people every year. Every year we also gather together and have a camp out for 3-5 days, and every year it rains. That is one of my fondest memories is sleeping with my family in a tent and hearing the rain hit the roof of the tent. It's one of the only places I have the best nights of rest also. Rain also reminds me of hope, all the trees and plants have hope and faith that it will rain so they can live, that is just like us here on earth we all hope and wait for Jesus Christ to come into our lives so we can 'live'. Rain is my family, rain is my friends, rain is faith, rain is hope, rain is Jesus Christ, rain is love. Again, I am thankful for rain more than anything. You understand now why everything comes down to rain, because rain reminds me of everything that is good in life. "
You are all the best! Please be happy this week, receiving emails about everyone fighting doesn't really help, I get worried that the family isn't doing to well. Please look for all the best things in life OK?
BE HAPPY! :D
--
Love Always,
Elder Ky Davis
Стареишйна дэйвис
No comments:
Post a Comment