Well it's kind of crazy, but Vyborg is amazing! I found out that Vyborg was one of the first cities to get Missionaryized in Russia. There are so many members this ward totally reminded me of our ward back home. They have a ward mission leader in all too! I was so excited about that. My companion is from Utah, and speaks English, finally. His name is Elder Andersen from Bloomington Hills St. George. (see if grandma and grandpa Lee know them. K?) He also lives right next to that golf course underneath the tower with the flashing lights. I've decided the Lord has a sense of humor, because he loves to bless with me companions who are noisy eaters. Haha, yeah in one of my talks I have read it says something about patience I really like, "If we didn't have annoying people in the world we would never learn to be patient." Vyborg is really small, it's three hours north of St. Petersburg and small, you can walk the entire city in 45 minutes. I don't know if you say any pictures of the castle or anything but this Wednesday we do service there and such, pictures to follow.
Haven't done too much missionary work in the past 4 days, we meet with two members, but the rest of the time we have been cleaning the apartment and area book. (The last elders didn't leave us to a clean apartment, even left a clogged toilet, ugh.) We did all this because, we don't have a plunger and had to call our landlord to fix it. He saw how bad the apartment was, (which wasn't too bad) and got pretty mad. So we've been cleaning! What is great though my companion has OCD, now I feel like I am not always cleaning up after my companions.
OH! Before I forget to say this, thank you so much for the package, I have drunken so much Cocoa I love it.! I am going to try to send the family a christmas package this week, I hope you get it on time, don't expect to much, I am not in St. Petersburg where all the cool stuff is, I might just send candy and such, music (really cheap here, really really cheap) maybe some russian nesting dolls. We'll see. Thank you so much for your letters this week, helped me cheer up. I miss you all so so much. Especially with Christmas coming around, my companion and I are listening to a lot of Christmas music now, I am so in the mood for Christmas! Even if I don't get to celebrate it like we normally do. I feel like November is already over, months fly by so fast. This mission has flown, in two weeks I have been on my mission for 8 months! Crazy! It just doesn't feel right, how fast it is going. It kind of makes me frustrated that I don't know enough Russian already, yet humbled for how much I do. Ether 12:27 Comes to mind, I need to trust the Lord with all my weaknesses, and he will make them strengths if I believe in him.
Father do not apologize for your last letter, I needed it. I needed some back handing. I'm kidding. It was back handing maybe small little thumps on my forehead :) But, it was needed I have not been frugal with my money. I have been spending on things that I really don't need. Things I can't return, things I have wasted money on. Yeah, it's true.
Well I can't think of anything else to write about, other then talking in English is a wonderful blessing and relief. I'll send some pictures of last week in Pskov and this week in Vyborg. Love you all!
Oh P.S. I'll send you a family email each week now and if you feel like it should be put on my blog, you can go ahead and put it on there also. Also if you want to you can put the pictures I have sent on there also. Friends tell my there isn't any on there and they would like to see some.
-- Love Always,
Elder Ky Davis
Стареишйна дэйвис
No comments:
Post a Comment