To start off, it is quite cold here, already in between 5-10 degrees. Pretty cold huh?
Well to answer your question I am doing spectacular, there's always those days where you don't want to do anything, but I have given my will to the Lord. Everything I want to do, everything I worry about that what I am going to do after the mission, doesn't matter now, I put them in a box like all of my clothes and leave them at home. Right now I 100% the Lords. I gave the only thing I can give to him, my will and my heart. Because in all actuality everything else on this earth is already his. I want to be a 4th missionary, (I don't know if the attachment worked, but it's a talk titled "The Fourth Missionary") basically there are 4 types of missionaries, one doesn't finish the mission and is disobedient, one finishes the mission but is disobedient and gets nothing from the mission, one is obedient only because he has to, there are so many other things he'd rather be doing, he is a "grin-and-bear-it" missionary, he is successful, but like the first two he receives nothing from the mission. Then the last missionary, he devotes all his time, and consecrates (not serve) himself to the Lord, basically the mission president that gave this talk said that this is the easiest way, because it's the only logically away. You are on a path and always moving, you are either moving forward towards the Lord, or away from him, towards the devil. Yesterday I prayed, told all my desires to the Lord, all my wants, and said, ok you know what I want, please keep those safe for me until after my mission. I really hope you receive this attachment. It is quite wonderful.
Thank you for the Webolos information on Mason. I laughed quite a bit. Sorry I don't have that much time to write everyone today, but I promise I will next week. (We have a meeting today at 5 and need to shop and stuff and it's already 12:10) It's quite crazy, awesome, how the work is here and how busy it can get. I watched the Sunday sessions of conference, they were in Russian, but I still received some personal revelation. I like this one, "It is so much better to be optimistic, attitude truly effects everything. If I am always thinking down and bad, down and bad stuff will happen to me. There are certain people who will say, We'll if you are always looking up, you'll just end up walking in the mud. We need to reply, 'What mud?!' 'I just see this wonderful day up above!' I finished Jesus the Christ by James E. Talmage last Tuesday, I enjoyed it so much, and learned a lot. It's like reading the new testament, but, with everything explained. Like how Jesus died on the cross, like what happened to his body to cause him to die, which was a broken heart, literally his heart burst from the pressure. I am reading right now, "The teachings of Joseph Smith" and again learning a lot. I really love reading deep doctrine, there is a talk title, "The meaning of the Atonement" I suggest you read it dad, I have learned why we really need the atonement, because God already has mercy for us, why do we need a Redeemer to create mercy, mercy for whom? Why can't God just say, we'll you messed up a little bit, but that's ok, you did your best, come on in.
To be honest dad, I truly do miss your lectures. I also used your circle example of perfection as a spiritual thought on family home evening last Wednesday. You are quite correct, obedience is the key to success, in everything. You are going to laugh, but what I really want for Christmas, is some beef stew in a can. I actually miss American food, ooo...also some brown sugar and some of your home made vanilla too. Cookies will be wonderful after that, then everybody in Russian would love, peanut butter too, because the Russian people love it, and if they receive it from an American they will remember me forever. I will also be sending you a package for Christmas, but for Russian Christmas (January 6th) and that's when you have to open it. I'll send some Russian snacks and treats, and some other awesome things.
Well that's about it for this week, oh by the way, it's about 5-10 degrees Celsius, which is about 40-50 degrees Fahrenheit.
--
Love Always,
Elder Ky Davis
Стареишйна дэйвис
No comments:
Post a Comment