Vyborg is awesome! We meet with two families this week, the Demetrivs and the Egnatevs. The demetrivs have 4 daughters and one son, all of them are pretty young. It totally reminded me of home, and all of our fights and silly stuff we did. They totally feel like a mormon family. I already love them. Then the Egnatevs is this old man and women, where the women got baptized about 20 years ago, and had a spiritiual experence where she needed to give a man on the train a Liahona, in short she did, he got baptized and then they got married. It was an awesome story, we will be going back there hopefully this week, they will feed us too! :)
We also had a split with the zone leaders in St. Pete. The elder I was with was in the MTC with me, but left to Russia 6 weeks before me. He is a great elder. We met with a man named, Max. Who knows perfect english, its just with a heavy southern accent. He learned english from all those old western films, John Wanye and stuff. He always referred himself to a cowboy and all these Russians here are indians. It was quite funny. :) He went on about how he actually performs country music here. I thought that was really cool. We taught him the Word of Wisdom, and we asked him to tell us what he learned, because he is quite distracted. He told us, "We'll I can't drink black coffee and can't em Rattlers, because theys bad fer yuh." We didn't mention anything about Rattle Snakes, but it was funny. :) That same Elder I was with introduced me to a band he found a while ago, listened to some of it. After hearing it, I thought you would like it father. They are called Sigur Ros they sing in Icelandic. It's quite peaceful. I like it.
So the weeks are kind of the same, Vyborg is actually smaller than Pskov, people and size. We can walk the entire city end to end in 45-60 minutes. Which is interesting because, here in Vyborg we had 67 people at the branch for sunday. I was kinda shocked in all. But oh well. Experiences, experiences. Oh tell grandma I got her halloween card. Don't have too much time today to write everybody. Maybe next week.
Some answers of your questions:
It's only me and my companion in this city, there were 6 missionaries at a time. There were also 3 branches here too. Until they made a branch building. Yes vyborg is one of the two areas that have their own branch building. Which is really nice. It's getting cold, but has not snowed yet! I don't even know why. Russia does not have Day light Savings i just figured out. So that's quite interesting, i thought the entire world does that. Or maybe that was just America.... Hmmm...
Well my mind is kinda of scattered right now, so I'll end my email here.
I love you all, Tell me all about the shop next week! K?
--
Love Always,
Elder Ky Davis
Стареишйна дэйвис
No comments:
Post a Comment